Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Reasons for Insomnia
Listen.
Can you hear them sing?
Take out the dragon wax and purple clips.
They are spinning weaving mysterious fabrics inside the dark theater of my mind.
They tap. They dance. They drum on glass windows
Like the shadow of a wicked thick head crow. It’s the middle of the night.
They slip in through the cracks between the carpets and floors and doors.
Like morning newspapers and hotel bills.
Only they are louder and braver
And not always so much fun
Or too much of nothing.
They are ghosts hooting and woohing
Flapping white clothes in candle lights.
They demand to be petted and patted
And rubbed against like a magician’s lamp.
Turn off all noises and wake up.
WAKE UP!
Hear those feet running stomping crazily drunkenly shouting my name
Banging the wrong doors while I lay shivering pretending stillness and sleep.
I am listening and waiting hopelessly for them to pass me by.
Peer into their eyes gleaming yellow
Like feverish moonlight through the cracks in my mind.
Oh please get up and let them loose.
 Let loose those stories within my head.

No comments: